Sunday, May 26, 2013

Last week & weekend

In case you forgot from my last post, LSU dedicated the field at Alex Box Stadium, Skip Bertman Field. LSU took care of business in grandest of fashions with a comeback win on a two-run home run in the bottom of the 8th inning to win game 2 and the series against Ole Miss. Below is the panorama I told you I would take.


And of course a great season for LSU baseball along with a night dedicating the field to the man who built the LSU program into what it is today wouldn't be complete without....... FIREWORKS!!!! I know, I know, I can be a kid at times when it comes to fireworks. I guess I just enjoy a good show. I decided since I was going to talk about this game in our blog that I shouldn't cheat anyone who reads the blog, so I decided to video the firework show and post it for your enjoyment. I will say that being in the pinnacle of college baseball stadiums overlooking Tiger Stadium, aka "Death Valley" is quite picturesque. And I think Les Miles' quote after the South Carolina game, "Death Valley, where teams dreams come to die" could apply to Alex Box Stadium during post season play.



During the week, Jesse relaxed some while I was busy working, but on Thursday we decided to have dinner with my parents. I ended up making some homemade hot italian sausage for the main dish of dinner. We sautéed up some vegetables and cut up a watermelon to go along with it. I will say that the sausage tastes delicious, absolutely positively delicious. I'll post the recipe and video in a few days.

Along with dinner, we ended up playing cards, granted it's only UNO. Last time we played cards, Phase 10 spread over two to three nights. This time we played UNO, which is easier to finish games quickly, but one of our games felt like it lasted 3 days, even though it was only an hour and a half. I guess the 3 days is my mind thinking like a 5 year old as Jesse would say.

On Friday night, my buddy Ben and his fiancée, Paige, wanted to get together and hang out. So what would we do, none other than drive an hour down to New Orleans for dinner and bowling at Rock 'N Bowl. I will admit that I had never experienced it before, but having a live band playing 50s style rock music, while people dance and bowl in a vintage style bowling alley was rather fun.
Of course we had a great time relaxing and bowling. We played teams of Jesse and myself versus Ben and Paige. I'll admit that about 5 years ago I bowled in a league for 2 years. But haven't really picked up a bowling ball since and using bowling alley balls isn't the easiest to have a good game with. But we narrowly beat Ben and Paige the first game by 16, and then I guess I warmed up some and the second game we won by 136. ;-p
On the way home the fun night went out the window for me at least. We drove all the way back to Baton Rouge, and about 1 mile away from the exit I was taking to drop Ben and Paige at home, the rear passenger tire blew out. I'm not sure what was in the road, but myself and two other vehicles hit whatever it was and were pulled over on the side of the road starring at a flat tire.
I can honestly say I was baffled by the spare tire for about 10 minutes, but after Jesse told me that roadside assistance would send Pop-A-Lock to change a flat tire and estimated arrival would be in an hour and a half, which would be 2:10 am, I decided to figure it out myself. After speed reading the owner's manual, I figured out the spare tire and off we went. Now picture this, two iPhones with the flashlight app being used as the only light to see to crank the car jack and change a tire on the side of the road with 18 wheeler's flying by at 1 am. Ben and Paige kept arguing about the way to change a tire, so the shirt came off and it was time to get sweaty and dirty so I could get home. No more playing nice, Ben and Paige were sent away for a smoke while I did the manual labor. I can honestly say that if the micromanaging I witnessed from them while trying to change a tire is any signs of their future, good luck..........



Once the tire was changed, I dropped everyone off and made it home for 3 am. Only to wake up at 10 am to help Jesse get a new rear tire. Oh what a fun weekend, did I mention I worked 4 straight days, 8 hours shifts during each day of this stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment