Thursday, April 18, 2013

Wednesday: Enchiladas & LSU Baseball


Tell me this little guy isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen. He can have a good time with anything. Jesse was getting up this morning and put the rest of the bottled waters into the refrigerator and threw the empty plastic and cardboard container on the floor. Two minutes later, she finds Marco nice and cozy inside the plastic cover and ready for a little cat nap. How at 7:45 am, does this not cheer anyone up for a good morning? I know when Jesse texted me good morning with this picture, and it pepped me up.

I already knew Jesse was a good cook, but she decided she wanted me to be experimental and try enchiladas for the first time. So she cooked up some slow cooker salsa chicken enchiladas. Now little did I know that Jesse had some salsa in the freezer from a kitchen fail earlier in the year, but she used it in the slow cooker to help flavor the chicken which turned out to be a good idea. I admit that my first taste of enchiladas was a good one and as Jesse and I say, it'll be added to the repeat list.

Jesse's Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Enchiladas
Makes 6 servings
Nutritional Facts (per 1 serving):
220g Calories, 11g Fat, 44mg Cholesterol, 622mg Sodium, 0mg Potassium, 20g Carbs, 11g Fiber,
0g Sugar, 21g Protein, 4% Vitamin A, 0% Vitamin C, 21.3% Calcium, 6% Iron

Ingredients:
12 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 package Enchilada Sauce
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
6 flour tortillas
2 cups Salsa

Steps:

1. Place chicken and salsa in a crockpot and cook on low for 3 hours.

2. Take the chicken out of the crockpot and shred with two forks.

3. Roll chicken in 6 flour tortillas.

4. Place tortillas in a baking pan and cover with enchilada sauce and cheese.

5. Cover and cook on 400 degrees for 20 min.

6. Serve and enjoy.



We decided that we weren't going to over do it on the workouts this week since we had our 5K on Saturday and I was getting over feeling sick. So instead of hitting the gym for Jesse to do Zumba and hitting the weights and cardio for myself, we headed over to Alex Box Stadium for the LSU baseball game versus Grambling. We had a good time cheering on the Tigers and visiting with long time friends of my family.

Good ole Marco can find comfort any place he looks, so he climbed on top of the laundry and snuggled up between a pillow and my arm, using my arm as a "paw rest." I have to say, he's the sweetest and cutest cat, too bad we can't keep him, but someone will get a great cat once they take a chance on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment